You just created your new Twitter account, updated your profile and header images to make it nice and attractive, but you’re not sure what to do next.
How do you get followers on Twitter so you can share your message with the world?
Here are a few tips that worked for me:
They can work for you too, if you implement them consistently and if you are patient.
1. Spend 10 minutes every day following new people on Twitter. Most of them will follow back, but if they don’t, do not stress over it. You don’t have time for that :)
2. Notice when people follow you and greet every new follower with a nice message.
3. Start tweeting! Once a day is enough at the beginning, but once you get more comfortable, do it every few hours. Share your blog posts, other people’s content, encouragement notes, or business tips.
4. Decide on a schedule and what you will be posting on Twitter. Use a scheduling tool like TweetDeck to make your life easier.
5. From time to time, simply tweet to say Hi, how is your day? to a few of your followers.
6. Notice when people RT your tweets or send you messages. Thank them for their time.
7. On Fridays, use the #FF tag (Follow Friday) to get more people to see your tweets and possibly follow you.
8. Use a tool like JustRetweet to get your content seen and retweeted by other people.
9. Use a site like Triberr to share your blog posts there too for more reach on Twitter.
10. Pick 2-3 ideas from the ones above and work on them for a month. Don’t give up and you’ll see how your Twitter following is growing!
What is your secret to get more Twitter followers? Please leave me a comment and share this post so others can benefit!
Have a great blog!